Here at Eagle Property Solutions we employ qualified NIC EIC registered electricians to complete both domestic and commercial periodic inspections. All tests are carried out in accordance with the 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring BS7671 regulations. (Requirements for Electrical Installations IEE Wiring Regulations)A Periodic Electrical Inspection provides you with an in-depth inspection to ensure that the electrical equipment that has been installed is safe for use. This is followed by a six page report (certificate) detailing any remedial work required or recommended (if any).
This report is a mandatory requirement for any landlord letting through any Housing Association or council.
We highly recommend that landlords who have not had their electrical equipment tested within the last five years, to have one carried out. Statistics have shown that around 35 deaths and 4,200 accidents recorded annually in the UK involve electricity.
Our detailed report is accepted by banks, Insurance Companies, Councils and Health and Safety departments.
Landlords are obligated to ensure that all the electrical fittings and appliances within the property are in good working order and safe for use.
Should any landlord fail to comply with Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulation 1994 or Consumer Protection Act 1987, it is a criminal offence and carries a maximum penalty of £5000 and six months imprisonment. The tenant may also take you to court for damages as your insurance will not be valid.
- Every 5 years for domestic properties or at every change of tenancy (whichever comes first)
- Every 5 years for business
- Every year for buildings open to the public
- Flexible appointment times
- Fully qualified engineers – J T Barnes
- Transparent pricing
- No extra call out fee
- Certificate issued on site
- Over 15 years combined experience in the industry
- Free six page report / certificate
- Flexible methods of payment via cheque, BACs, Paypal, credit or debit card